Homicide Investigations Seminar
June 8-9, 2023 0830 – 1630 hours
Tarpon Springs Police Department
444 S Huey Ave, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
Accident Cleaners is proud to stand behind our local law enforcement. For years we have supported Law enforcement with programs, including scholarships for assorted training opportunities. We want to continue our “Thank You” for your service. We have teamed up with Advanced Police concepts to offer this two-day class with tuition paid by Accident Cleaners, focusing on advanced investigative techniques related to homicide investigations. This course is geared towards front line personnel, as well as, seasoned detectives. Everyone will learn something!
• Crime Scene Procedures regarding both Suspicious Deaths and Homicides
• Initial Scene Responsibilities, Canvassing & Immediate Leads
• Case Reviews of numerous types of Homicides, including Arson, Sexual Violence, and Robbery
• Crime Scene Accountability
• Medical-Legal Death Investigation (Victim I.D. / Time of Death / Injury Recognition)
• Primary & Secondary Crime Scenes
• Crime Scene Evaluation (Execution of the Walk-thru)
• DNA Review and Touch Evidence
• Suicide and Equivocal Death Scene Investigation
• Crime scene – what happens when you leave?
- Must be currently employed as a Full-Time Florida Law Enforcement Officer in one of the following counties: Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Brevard, Citrus, Columbia, Clay, Dixie, Duval, Flagler, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lafayette, Lake, Levy, Madison, Marion, Manatee, Nassau, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, Sarasota, Seminole, Suwannee, Sumter, St. John, Taylor, Union, Volusia
- Attendance is not transferable without approval by Accident Cleaners & Restoration.
- If you are unable to attend the class proper notification by email to email@example.com is required no later than 48 hours before class start, otherwise you may be ineligible to enter future scholarships of fully paid trainings.
- Class is limited to 40 attendees per class.
Meet your instructors
CSI Joe Lopedito is an experienced crime scene investigator with the Tampa Police Department. Starting his law enforcement career in 2014 with the Kenneth City Police Department, Joe has held a variety of law enforcement positions settling into his current role as a crime scene investigator where he has developed a passion for death investigations. As an adjunct instructor with Advanced Police Concepts, Joe teaches a variety of courses in forensics, homicide investigations, and death investigations from a crime scene perspective.
Jen Spears is an experienced homicide and cold case detective with the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office in central Florida. She has been a deputy since 1999, the majority of that time spent in criminal investigations serving in a variety of assignments. She has been working homicides and cold cases since 2005. Jen has collaborated with numerous agencies around the nation through her casework and has received several accolades for her accomplishments in cold case investigations. Jen also serves as a commissioner on the Florida Sheriff’s Association Cold Case Advisory Commission. She is the President of the Southeastern Homicide Investigators Association (SEHIA) She has a passion for organizing the best training available reaching the largest audience of law enforcement professionals possible.
Jen was selected to serve on the National Review Board for ViCAP as well as a board member for Project: Cold Case. Since solving a 1984 cold case using investigative genetic genealogy in 2019, Jen serves as the Director of Law Enforcement Investigations for Innovative Forensic Investigations.