The span of time directly following a traumatic event, such as an accident or unexpected death of a loved one, can be extremely stressful and difficult to navigate. If you find yourself in need of a biohazard cleanup and restoration service, a quick Google search will reveal literally dozens of company options, which can be confusing and overwhelming for families and loved ones in search for expedient, trustworthy and compassionate cleanup assistance.
At Accident Cleaners & Restoration, we have been in the business of serving families throughout Florida since 1999 and we understand the difficult position these individuals are in when searching for the right help. Our trained team has the necessary knowledge and expertise to properly clean and treat areas in a home, property or vehicle to permanently remove dangerous bodily fluids and other biohazardous materials. Several of our team members are firefighters and first responders, and we understand these types of situations as only those familiar with emergencies could.
It is true there are many options available when searching for biohazard cleanup services, but most of them are large franchise companies without a real stake in the communities they serve. Accident Cleaners & Restoration is not a chain or franchise. Our locally-owned Florida business is family-run and employee and client-oriented and we deal with each and every client with the utmost attention to detail, privacy, compassion and respect.
Additionally, larger industry chains may not actually be properly licensed to operate or dispose of biohazardous material in the state of Florida. Unfortunately, many of the emergency calls we receive at Accident Cleaners & Restoration are from families who have hired an inexperienced or unlicensed cleanup company, only to have the condition of their home or property actually made worse by the company’s unskilled treatment of the site.
To avoid the hassle, stress and added cost of dealing with improperly licensed or inexperienced biohazard cleanup technicians, here’s a short checklist you can use to consider whether a crime scene cleaning company truly meets your needs:
- Do they have years of experience in biohazard remediation? (Accident Cleaners & Restoration brings more than 20 years of industry experience to the table)
- Can the company provide proof of insurance, including liability insurance with pollution coverage and workers compensation insurance that includes coverage for biohazard remediation?
- Are they permitted for generation and transport of bio-medical waste?
- Are they certified through the State of Florida Department of Health?
- Do they meet OSHA compliance with 29CFR1910.1030 with annual re-training?
- Can they provide proof of qualifications, training and certification with an Independent training facility, such as ABRA?
- Are their employees provided with intensive, hands-on training (in classroom and outside)?
- Is their certification test provided by a 3rd party, or does the company claim to “certify their own employees”?
- Can they provide references and proof of their positive local reputation?
- Do they have experience working with homeowners insurance claims?
- Do they provide local, immediate service and accountability?
- Are employees provided with continuing education opportunities through ABRA, IICRC or other reputable trade associations?
- Does the company seem to really understand the complex emotional aspects of this business?
- Do they display compassion in crisis?
- Do they offer a 100% Decontamination Guarantee?
At Accident Cleaners & Restoration, we can proudly answer “YES!” to all of the above. We have the training, certifications and experience, as well as being one of the most sought after crime scene cleanup companies recommended by insurance companies. Our ability to make the recovery process smooth and seamless has earned us trust and overwhelming praise from our past clients.